Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and while this special day may be a bit different than years past, it can certainly be celebrated at home with a nice bottle of wine. Whether you choose to cook a romantic dinner, indulge in a decadent dessert or share a casual night in with a few friends, a glass of wine is sure to enhance the evening. Let’s take a look at some ways wine and Valentine’s Day are a match made in heaven.
1. Toast with a Glass of Wine
A romantic evening calls for a romantic toast and what better to do this than with a glass of wine? This gives you the opportunity to speak from the heart and express how you feel. Even the simplest toast can speak volumes.
2. Wine Replicates Human Pheromones
Pinot Noir’s aroma replicates human pheromones which can lead to a romantic response between you and your partner. All you need to do is swirl your glass of wine to release the soothing aromas and breathe in.
3. Wine Complements Any Meal
One of the many benefits of wine is its ability to seamlessly complement any food. Chocolate covered strawberries can easily be paired with a sweet, sparkling red or you can sip on a medium bodied red with a creamy pasta. The possibilities are endless.
If you’ve decided on how you’re going to celebrate Valentine’s Day, it’s now time to choose a bottle of wine.
Valentine Wines Recommended by our Wine Enthusiasts
If there’s one thing you ought to know about us at vinodivino, we are passionate about wine. Our knowledgeable team has put together some recommended wines to help make your Valentine’s Day a memorable one.
Sparkling Wine for a Special Night
1. Giorgi NV Sparkling Pinot Nero ($15): This fruity sparkling Pinot Noir pairs perfectly with shellfish. Not only is this a refreshing summer wine, but it’s a great way to liven up your Valentine’s Day.
2. Serre NV Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG Colsenta ($22): This bubbly wine is ideal with something light and airy like fruit with crème fraîche or pair it with your favorite appetizer!
3. Baron Albert NV Champagne Brut ($44): From fresh seafood to sweet treats, this Champagne can be paired with a variety of Valentine’s Day entrées like a tasty charcuterie board or a rich fish like salmon.
4. Gusbourne 2015 Brut Reserve Traditional Method ($60): The Gusbourne 2015 Brut possesses a truly unique flavor, filling your palate with a zesty citrus. Pair this vintage English sparkling wine with a seafood dinner this Valentine’s Day. We recommend seared scallops or smoked fish!
Popular Valentine’s Day Red Wines
1. Domaine de Cabrials 2019 Pinot Noir ($18): Made in the southern coast of France, Domaine de Cabrials 2019 Pinot Noir is light and fruity match made in heaven with beef and veal, or a variety of pasta dishes.
2. Besadien 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Columbia Valley ($30): Gently oaked with aromas of red fruit, this Cabernet is Washington Cab at its best. The ideal wine to drink at a small pizza party or at an outside summer event as you roast or grill red meats. Of course, you can’t go wrong with Besadien 2017 on Valentine’s Day. Pair with a warm, hearty dish like a delicious braised brisket.
3. Castelgreve 2016 Chianti Classico ($20): Full bodied with notes of black cherry, this Tuscan wine is sure to set the mood this Valentine’s Day. Prepare a romantic dinner consisting of stuffed meats or fish like Caprese Stuffed Chicken or Baked Stuffed Fish Fillet.
4. Longhand 2018 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($25): Made in Sonoma County, you’ll be sure to notice flavors of chocolate, cherry and blackberry. It’s like sipping on a scrumptious Valentine’s Day dessert! If you’re looking to pair this with dinner, you certainly won’t have a problem as this Cabernet Sauvignon can be paired with hard cheeses, steak, red meat forward dishes and pot roast.
5. Campofiorito 2015 Brunello di Montalcino ($50): Originating in the heart of Tuscany, this dry wine pairs brilliantly with braised beef, lamb, or poultry - all popular choices for a cozy Valentine’s Day dinner. Immerse your taste buds in flavors of cherry, ripe fig and tomato leafs!
Stop by One of Our Wine Shops or Order Delivery
Vinodivino has four convenient locations- Boston, Brookline, Needham and Newton. Stop by any of our wine shops in the Greater Boston area and our wine connoisseurs will be happy to help you choose the wine that is right for you. We also offer free next day delivery on purchases of $120 or more.